Void pointers

Alex via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue May 17 03:53:28 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 17 May 2016 at 08:45:44 UTC, Alex wrote:
> so...
> besides
> void*, ubyte*, a pointer to a strange, not constructible
> struct, I could take a iota too...

a comment on my own:
even every type of the above mentioned is possible, there are
slightly differences between them:
1. As I don't want to be able to instantiate the type itself, I
would like to drop ubyte*.
2. If I want to be able to slice a iota, I have to initialize it
with the last number. But the object, which stores the pointer
does not need to know anything about this number. So, I rather
would not like to pass this number only for being able to
instantiate the iota struct.

So this leave me again with the void* and a pointer to a strange,
not constructible struct...