Proper way to write benchmark code...

Seb via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon May 23 05:07:37 PDT 2016

On Monday, 23 May 2016 at 04:11:31 UTC, Era Scarecrow wrote:
>  Is there a good article written for this? Preferably for D
> specifically...
>
> [...]

you might want to use __gshared data to avoid it being optimized
away.

>  Is it better to collect all the tests and output the results
> all at once? Or is it okay or better to output the statistics
> as they are finished (between benchmarks and before the
> collection/thread_joinall calls)?
>
> [...]

Unfortunately I can't answer many of your GC-related questions,
but imho this should get a lot easier and btw many people have
tried to get something easier into Phobos:

https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/2995
https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/3695
https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/529