Speed up `dub`.

cy via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon May 23 10:47:28 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 19 May 2016 at 17:50:44 UTC, ciechowoj wrote:
>> dub build --nodeps
>
> I tried it, doesn't seem to do anything, maybe something is
> broken.

Perhaps you didn't complete "dub build" without --nodeps
beforehand? You have to do that once, and it's still as
annoyingly inefficient as anything, especially since it checks
dependencies online even if you have the selected version
downloaded already. But after that first compile, I add --nodeps
to the dub build command, and it's lightning fast to recompile.

It doesn't fix the issues in DUB that slow down compiling
programs, but it does speed up the compile-modify-check cycle.