missing data with parallel and stdin

Era Scarecrow via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon May 23 11:36:35 PDT 2016

On Monday, 23 May 2016 at 15:53:23 UTC, moechofe wrote:
> On Monday, 23 May 2016 at 14:16:13 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
>> Sounds like a data race problem. Use a lock on the file write
>> operation and see if that helps.
> That didn't solve anything.
> What I observe is: when the process is slower, more files are
> copied.

  Last night I took the code sample and left copy out, everything
else I got working. However when I ran it I noticed it's only
running on one core and worked fine. However when I put in a
number for how many to work on at once (adding any number to
parallel's call) it would crash the program quite often,
generally because it couldn't close files it was scanning.

  Looking over the documentation you appear to be using parallel
correctly, so I don't know why it isn't working.