Newbie to D, first impressions and feedback on the 5 (and more) first minutes.

Seb via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue May 24 12:32:11 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 24 May 2016 at 18:03:17 UTC, cy wrote:
> https://p0nce.github.io/d-idioms/ I wanted to mention as well,
> if you like idioms. That guy has some good ideas.
>
> On Tuesday, 24 May 2016 at 17:36:45 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
>> Yes, a link from that page points to a book that *can* be
>> bought but it's available online as well:
>
> It's worth buying, but the question is who's going to be
> comfortable with reading all that? It's very involved, not
> exactly a quickly crafted tutorial to "learn D in 5 minutes."

I guess it's worth pointing out that in the future (=next week)
the menu link "Learn" and the according text section will point
to the new tour (tour.dlang.org), which we are still working on &
it's exactly crafted to be a "learn D in 5 minutes".
So any feedback about the tour is highly appreciated ;-)