Easier way to add libraries to visual d?

Basile B. via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu May 26 09:53:42 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 26 May 2016 at 16:21:30 UTC, TheDGuy wrote:
> On Thursday, 26 May 2016 at 16:01:22 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>> To register a DUB package, you can either fetch (DUB icon) or
>> clone the repo, open the DUB JSON project, compile the right
>> config, then in the libman there's a icon with a gray chain
>> over a book. Click this icon and the library is registered.
>
> Where? I searched for 10 minutes and can't find any DUB button
> besides the dub project editor. If i create a new DUB project
> it looks like that everything is locked (for example native
> project configuration)?

- Registering a dub package from online is in the "library
manager"
- The DUB project editor is a widget that's not docked by
default, see in the menu "Windows", the item "Dub project editor".

The Native project configuration and editor is for the native
project format (which is another format than DUB, just like
vsprojects are another format).