Easier way to add libraries to visual d?

Basile B. via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu May 26 13:25:43 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 26 May 2016 at 19:07:42 UTC, TheDGuy wrote:
> On Thursday, 26 May 2016 at 17:25:25 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>>
>> I'm on Windows now. I'm sorry but both packages were setup
>> successfully.
>>
>> What you can do is the other way:
>> - clone the git repos.
>> - open the DUB json as project.
>> - choose the right config in the inspector.
>> - compile.
>> - while the project for the lib to reg is still open, register
>> in the library manager using the book-link icon.
>>
>> You have well version 2 update 5 ?
>
> Yes. So do you have any idea how i could get this to work? It
> would be nice to link libraries directly from the IDE but for
> the time being linking the project manually with the files on
> my harddrive is no problem.

I'll release a hotfix tonight, so you'll be able to give Coedit
another try if you're not already too much disapointed.

But the procedure I described is very easy. you just have to
clone, compile and click a button in the library manager. It's
even better because you can choose which version to compile by
"git checkout vx.x.x" while using the "DUB button" it's always
the master version that get fetched (this is a limitation).

One thing that's important to get (sorry if I heavily advertise
Coedit...) is that the libman is a central component, everything
rely on this (CE projects, ease of compilation of the
"runnables", and super important: DCD). That's also why it's
split from the project editors.