asm woes...

Era Scarecrow via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri May 27 02:11:01 PDT 2016

On Friday, 27 May 2016 at 08:20:02 UTC, Era Scarecrow wrote:
>  Anyone with inline assembly experience who can help me out a
> little? 2 add instructions shouldn't cause it to hang...

  Hmmm it just occurs to me I made a big assumption. I assumed
that if the CPU supports 64bit operations, that it would be
compiled to use 64bit registers when possible. I'm assuming this
is not the case. As such the tests I was doing will probably be
of little help _unless_ it was X86_64 code, or a check that
verifies it's 64bit hardware?

  Does this mean the 64bit types are emulated rather than using
hardware?