Easier way to add libraries to visual d?

Basile B. via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat May 28 06:25:14 PDT 2016

On Friday, 27 May 2016 at 19:30:10 UTC, TheDGuy wrote:
> On Thursday, 26 May 2016 at 22:15:17 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>> gfm doesn't yield a .lib because of this:
>>
>> https://github.com/d-gamedev-team/gfm/blob/master/dub.json#L22
>>
>> it should be "library" or staticLibrary or "sourceLibrary"
>>
>> thus it can't be registered. Bad luck here you've chosen the
>> wrong stuff to test.
>
> Okay, i now tried requests and serial-port and with both i have
> the same problem that i can't add them to the library manager.

I've released a hot fix yesterday and now it works with latest
DUB tag (0.9.25).

But registering from the project that's loaded was already
working yesterday. I think that you have forgotten to choose the
right configuration to compile, example with serial-port:

http://imgur.com/7wAwqPz

- open the dub json
- to the left, the DUB inspector: the green arrow must be on a
config that's dedicated to build the library
- double click to select a config
- compile the project
- to the bottom library manager: click the icon with a book and
link on the top