Bug after update to 2.072?

Alex via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 6 02:05:29 PST 2016

On Sunday, 6 November 2016 at 08:48:14 UTC, SimonN wrote:
> I'm not sure how to pass arbitrary dustmite arguments through
> dub to dustmite. `dub dustmite -h' lists arguments.
>
> When dustmite reduces your project to the empty project, maybe
> try this from the dustmite website: "You can also surround code
> that is not to be removed around the magic words
> DustMiteNoRemoveStart and DustMiteNoRemoveStop. Note that if
> you place them in comments, you won't be able to use
> --strip-comments."

Ok, cool. But as I'm of the opinion, that my code is not buggy,
I don't know, which code to keep.

> On Sunday, 6 November 2016 at 06:28:32 UTC, Alex wrote:
>> object.Exception at DustMite/dustmite.d(270): Initial test fails
>> (try using --no-redirect for details)
>
> This means that dustmite doesn't recognize the unreduced source
> as buggy. As a sanity test, dustmite runs the given test on the
> unreduced project, and requires this test to succeed.

I'm not the alone with the opinion of my code. LDC compiles my
code and the binary runs without any problem.

Furthermore: If I take the file .../dlang/dmd/core/atomic.d from
the sources of version 2.071.2 and replace with this version the
file from the current version of 2.072.0;
then recompile my project by dmd and run it - it works. When
using the new version, binary stops working after recompilation
This behavior is reproducible.

So my question is: how can I debug atomic.d better to locate the
error more precisely.
Do not get me wrong, I still assume, that I have to change my own
code. But the only entry point for debugging I can see at the
moment is the file atomic.d.