problem with isnan

Charles Hixson via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 10 15:45:01 PST 2016

On 11/10/2016 08:47 AM, Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Thursday, 10 November 2016 at 16:41:56 UTC, Charles Hixson wrote:
>> It's *supposed* to be nan, and the assert message reports that it is,
>> but it should pass the assert test, not throw an assertion.  What am
>> I doing wrong?
>
> How did you set it? There are like billions of different NaNs. I'm not
> sure if isnan checks for all of them. (I'm also not sure that it
> doesn't, the docs don't specify.)
>
> you might try using std.math.isNaN instead and see what it does.

It was default initialized by the class instance:

class    Cell
float    curActivation;

The this method doesn't have any mention of a few variables that are
supposed to be default initialized, or which curActivation is one.

I suppose I could set it to be -2.0 or something, but that doesn't
really tell me what's going on.