Compiling and linking libraries

Darren via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 16 06:27:41 PST 2016

Hey all,

This is a very beginner problem, but not one I know how to do on
my own.  Could anyone give a step-by-step guide on how to compile
libraries, and then use them in my project with DUB?

For example, I've been using this guide for graphics:
http://www.learnopengl.com/#!Getting-started/Creating-a-window
In this, it says to use CMake, configure for an IDE, etc.  But I
am not sure how to use this with D, and I'm not using an IDE
(only a text editor and dub).

I've gotten by with just copy-pasting pre-compiled binaries into
my project folder, but I should learn how to use static libraries
(I hope I'm using the right terminology).

Thanks!