-fPIC related error compiling hello_world.d with dmd

Alessandro via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 18 06:54:29 PST 2016

On Friday, 18 November 2016 at 14:10:43 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:

> No problem, its Ubuntu/Debian has moved over to a hardened mode
> fairly recently and we haven't updated to match it yet.

I see.
I'm happy to hear things will settle again when the .deb package
will be update.
By the way, I just realized the problem is still there when using
dub to build my project.
I added:

     "dflags": [
       "-fPIC",
       "-defaultlib=libphobos2.so"
     ]

to the dub.json file, but it still doesn't work. Also tried a
couple of variants of this setting with no luck. Any suggestion?