Vibe.D - log requests and responses

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 23 23:57:47 PST 2016

On 2016-11-24 07:29, Saurabh Das wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there an easy way to log all incoming requests and outgoing responses
> (and perhaps processing time, wait time, etc) in Vibe.D?

Yes. You can configure the logging on the HTTPServerSettings [1]
instance. If you look at the documentation, the first four fields are
related to logging. Use "accessLogFile" to set the filename of the log
file. Use "accessLogFormat" to configure the log format. It uses the
same syntax as Apache. Unfortunately the syntax is not documented in
vibe.d and it doesn't implement all of the features that Apache has. I
looked at the source code to figure out the format [2]. %D will give you
the time taken to serve the request in milliseconds and %T in seconds.
%t will give you the time stamp the request was received. I don't see
anything related to waiting time.

With the "accessLogger" field you can specify a custom logger.

[1] http://vibed.org/api/vibe.http.server/HTTPServerSettings
[2]
https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/vibe.d/blob/master/http/vibe/http/log.d#L92

--