Updated D then undefined symbols in vibed

ag0aep6g via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 24 09:46:38 PST 2016

On 11/24/2016 06:15 PM, Jot wrote:
> I think you are failing to realize the first axiom I presented. I only
> updated dmd2. This shouldn't change the object and library files. They
> should essentially compile to the same thing and it shouldn't matter.

As far as I can tell, this isn't generally true. For example, dmd may
get fixes/changes in name mangling, making it incompatible with old
object files. Since you've already cleaned everything, this doesn't seem
to be the issue here. But don't assume that a newer dmd is guaranteed to
work with older object files. It isn't.