the best language I have ever met(?)

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 25 11:16:43 PST 2016

On Friday, 25 November 2016 at 14:27:39 UTC, Igor Shirkalin wrote:
> On Wednesday, 23 November 2016 at 18:58:55 UTC, ketmar wrote:
>>> We can define static array without counting the elements as
>>> following:
>>>

>>> enum array_ = [1u,2,3,4];
>>> uint[array_.length] static_array = array_;
>>
>> there are workarounds, of course. yet i'll take mine `uint[$]
>> a = [1u,2,3,4];` over that quoted mess at any time, without
>> second thought. ;-)
>
> I think you may write it (I mean actual D) with using some
> template like this:

yeah. but i'm not Andrei, i don't believe that the only compiler
task is to resolve templated code. ;-) i.e. Andrei believes that
everything (and more) should be moved out of compiler core and
done with library templates. Andrei is genius, for sure, but he
is living somewhere in future, where our PCs are not bound by
memory, CPU, and other silly restrictions. ;-)

tl;dr: using template for this sux.