How dub select versions?

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 5 01:23:25 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 5 October 2016 at 08:01:33 UTC, Daniel Kozak wrote:
> I really does not understand how does DUB works. I have small
> app which use vibe-d:core as dependency, and I use libasync as
> subConfiguration. When I try to build my app it always try to
> download libasync-0.7.9 instead of libasync-0.8.0. Why? I would
> expect to select the latest one frum dub repository

If you look into the vide.d dub.sdl, you'll see the following
listed in the "libasync" configuration [1]:

dependency "libasync" version="~>0.7.8"

The ~> constrains the dependency to the minor version number,
meaning DUB will not try to use a version of the dependency that
has a higher minor version. In this case, it means >=0.7.8 &&
<0.8.0. See [2] for details.

[1]
https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/vibe.d/blob/master/dub.sdl#L76
[2] https://github.com/dlang/dub/wiki/Version-management