Current State of the GC?

Martin Lundgren via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 10 14:12:42 PDT 2016

I've been reading up a bit on the D garbage collector. Seen
mostly negative things about it. I've also seen a lot of
proposals and what not, but not much about the current state of
things.

The latest page I can find about it is 2015H1. It mentions
improving the GC and making libraries less reliant on it.
However, I can't find *any* information about what GC
improvements have been made. No up to date performance
comparisons, etc.

So what's been happening in memory management land lately? Bad GC
seems like one of the Dlangs weak points, so showing improvements
here could definitely bring more people in.