ReturnType and Parameters of Templated function/method

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 13 14:07:17 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 13 October 2016 at 20:52:09 UTC, Patric Dexheimer
wrote:
> So for now my idea is to brute force the numbers of arguments
> with 'compiles' trait or trying to get the sourcecode somehow.

depending on source code form (even if you can get it) is highly
error-prone. consider it UB.

also, i think that you'd better not guess, but ask the user to
explicitly instantiate the methods with `alias` -- this way you
have to write less hacky code, and the user will have more
control over what is bound. you may provide helper mixin
templates to instantiate n-ary functions with given set of types
too. this is slightly more work on the user side, but it doesn't
depend on hacks and undocumented things.