Visual Studio Linker Problem

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 18 00:20:42 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 18 October 2016 at 05:23:15 UTC, Jason C. Wells wrote:

> $ ldc2 hello.d
> Using Visual C++: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
> Studio 14.0\VC

> I see mention of a "vcvarsall.bat" file that might set my paths
> correctly, but this file is not found on my system.

Are you sure? The path should be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
14.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat

I use MSYS2 frequently, but not with D or the Visual Studio
tools, so I can't speak to anything specific in that regard.
However, in my programs menu in the Visual Studio 2015 folder are
several command prompt shortcuts which are preconfigured to set
the environment for the VS tools. I suggest you open one of those
and see if you can build anything with ldc, then go from there.