Render SVG To Display And Update Periodically

Jason C. Wells via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 19 21:52:11 PDT 2016

This is probably a general programming question. I'll follow up
here since this thread is the inspiration for my current question.

When attempting to compile simpledisplay.d, I get the following:

C:\...\dlang\arsd-master>dmd -Lgdi32.lib -L user32.lib
simpledisplay.d color.d
OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.17
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2013  All rights reserved.
http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/optlink.html
OPTLINK : Warning 9: Unknown Option : NOIGDI32.LIBUSER32.LIB
simpledisplay.obj(simpledisplay)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D9invariant12_d_invariantFC6ObjectZv
simpledisplay.obj(simpledisplay)
** snip **

Interestingly enough, simpledisplay.obj and simpledisplay.exe are
produced. Aren't errors fatal? The EXE is not a valid win32
application.

I am used to makefiles. The author doesn't use dub for these
programs. (dub ~=make?)

gdi32.lib and user32.lib appear in multiple directories.  I added
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Lib\winv6.3\um\x64" to
%LIB% which seemed sensible to do. I still get the warning:

OPTLINK : Warning 9: Unknown Option : NOIGDI32.LIBUSER32.LIB

So, I'm still figuring out how to set up a compile. I presume
that dmd is not finding gdi32.lib and user32.lib.  What am I
missing?

Regards,
Jason C. Wells