Meta-programming detecting anonymous unions inside structs.

TheFlyingFiddle via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 21 01:13:31 PDT 2016

On Friday, 21 October 2016 at 07:56:27 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> You're gonna have to use UDA's for that.

Yes, to do the serialization you're right.

But my usecase for this is for error reporting. Basically any
struct that contains unions without serialization instructions
cannot be serialized and I want to make such structures errors.

So when I try to serialize the example struct Foo. It should
assert with something along the lines of:

"Don't know how to serialize overlapping fields: "Foo.integer",
"Foo.floating" and "Foo.array".