Real Simple Question?

WhatMeWorry via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 22 14:34:36 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 22 October 2016 at 20:51:14 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Saturday, October 22, 2016 20:35:27 WhatMeWorry via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Just put it in a separate module and then import it. e.g.
>
> file: mypackage/constants.d
> ==================
> module mypackage.constants;
>
> GLfloat[] vertices =
> [
>       // Positions          // Texture Coords
>       -0.5f, -0.5f, -0.5f,  0.0f, 0.0f,
>        0.5f, -0.5f, -0.5f,  1.0f, 0.0f,
>                (lots and lots of values)
> ];
> ==================
>
> file: main.d
> ==================
> import mypackage.constants;
>
> void main()
> {
>     auto v = vertices;
> }
> ==================
>
> Probably the key thing to remember is that when you compile
> your program, all of the modules that are part of your program
> rather than a separate library need to be compiled into it.
> Simply importing them isn't enough - though using either rdmd
> or dub make that easier.
>
> This is the official documentation's page on modules:
>
> http://dlang.org/spec/module.html
>
> This is the chapter from Al's book that covers modules:
>
> http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/modules.html
>
> And you'd almost certainly benefit from simply reading Ali's
> book as a whole:
>
> http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/index.html
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Ok, but now I'm getting these error in my new
mypackage/constants.d

..\common\vertex_data.d(5,15): Error: undefined identifier
'GLfloat'
..\common\vertex_data.d(53,12): Error: undefined identifier 'vec3'

Is there a way to just suck in the text from say a .txt file that
would not be compiled before inclusion in main.d?