Unresolved Symbols in a nanovg Library

Jason C. Wells via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 26 18:48:54 PDT 2016

I've gone about building static libraries for nanovg and arsd.
(I'm feeling pretty good about what I've learned in the last
couple days, so I gave it a whirl.)

arsd has ttf.d and stb_truetype.d. Comments in stb_truetype.d say
use ttf.d instead.

nanovg has a ttf.d also.

There are three ttf.d's to choose from.

nanovg has linker errors:
..\..\..\lib\libnanovg.lib(nanovg)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined
_D2iv3stb3ttf25stbtt_ScaleForPixelHeightFPxS2iv3stb3ttf14stbtt_fontinfofZf

I'm not sure I fully understand name mangling, but it looks like
nanovg wants to use iv\stb\ttf.d from it's own source tree. But
Ketmar said "p.s. you will also need stb_ttf port, arsd repo has
it under the name "ttf.d"."

So which ttf.d should I use? Does it matter?

I've gained enough confidence in the last couple days to go ahead
and use trial and error to sort this out. I thought I'd let you
guys chime in.

Perhaps Ketmar intended to remove his copy of ttf.d from his repo?

Regards,
Jason C. Wells