Unresolved Symbols in a nanovg Library

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 26 19:41:43 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 27 October 2016 at 02:12:34 UTC, Jason C. Wells
wrote:
> I have no idea where this ModuleInfoZ thing is coming from.

as Adam said, it means that it imports some module, and you
didn't passed it to dmd. in this case, it is iv.nanovg.oui
package (this is Blender-like GUI controls -- not a full GUI
package, just GUI controls and some simple things). example is
using that to draw OUI window to impress the end user. ;-)

> How do I fix the missing ModuleInfoZ symbol?

just add everything from iv/nanovg/oui to dmd invocation.

> BTW, I am not ignoring you guys when I haven't used rdmd ( I
> tried briefly but got stuck) or specifying all *.d files on the
> command line (did that with some success). My learning process
> is very organic and trial and error.

there is nothing wrong in that, of course. i keep telling about
rdmd only 'cause it is easier to get at least *something* with
it. but you'll eventually get it working with dmd too, and this
is harder, but better way if you want to really grok the things.
;-)