dependency analysis for makefile construction

dan via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 3 15:07:58 PDT 2016

Are there any FOSS tools for doing dependency analysis of (e.g.)
all the d files in a directory, to let you know when a .o file
needs to be regenerated?

This presumably would depend mostly on the import statements
(including import of any file to be used in string construction,
as in 'auto my_string = import("my_file");').

My guess is there must be, because one of the big deals about d
is the more regular syntax it offers to make compiler building
more reliable.

(I'm using gdc, and building with gnumake.)

TIA for any info!

dan