Keen to learn D

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 4 17:50:38 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 4 September 2016 at 20:12:09 UTC, Abhishek Mishra
wrote:
> Hi! I am a newbie and I would like to know more about D
> language. I have prior knowledge of C++(12th Grade/
> Pre-University College Level). How should I start? What more do
> I need to learn. Thanks in advance. :)

Ali's book can be viewed online (or purchased) and it makes for a
good introduction to the language.
http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/index.html

There are three other D books that you'd need to purchase, and
they walk you through practical examples, allowing you to see the
language in action. They are

D Cookbook
https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/d-cookbook

Learning D
https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/learning-d

D Web Development
https://www.packtpub.com/web-development/d-web-development

And of course there is always looking at a project that does
something you find interesting, which you can find at
http://code.dlang.org/