Templates problem

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 7 16:45:19 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 7 September 2016 at 21:41:20 UTC, data pulverizer
wrote:

> Yes, but from a usability point of view this would be very poor
> - forcing the user to create a new variable each time they
> modified a table. I am aware that databases do this but it is
> hidden away.

To be fair, you can still mutate values within the table. In this
approach, it's only appending new columns (or inserting them or
something) that requires a new variable. It shouldn't be an issue
for adding rows, assuming the underlying table is made from
slices. It might be possible to do this without creating a
variable, but I haven't thought about it that carefully.

Moreover, if you're working with slices, then it's a reference
type. This means that the new variable is not a copy of the old.
It shouldn't take up much space.