Templates problem

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 8 03:18:36 PDT 2016

On Wed, 2016-09-07 at 20:29 +0000, jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-learn
wrote:

[…]
> Are you familiar with Chapel at all? The language allows the user
> to specify a domain with an array, facilitating sparsity or
> arrays distributed across different machines. For some reason I
> was reminded of that when you say that asrange returns a range
> that enumerates the contents.

I am certainly hoping that Chapel will be the language to displace
NumPy for serious computation in the Python-sphere. Given it's
foundation in the PGAS model, it has all the parallelism needs, both
cluster and local, built in. Given Chapel there is no need to look at
C++, D, Rust, Cython, etc.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk