D1: zlib string to decode

Era Scarecrow via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 8 18:11:13 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 8 September 2016 at 16:19:44 UTC, jicman wrote:
> I have a zlib string that I want to decode.  Anybody has any
> idea how to do that?  I am trying to figure out what to send
> with a POST to create a new internal log and the person that
> created the form is no longer available, but I need to find
> what are the pieces and data that I need to compress.

  I've done something similar years ago using AHK, where I
compressed using zlib, then turned it to base64 so I could post
it and pass it around as text. Still simply using the zlib API
should be enough, especially if you provide all the memory
management or fixed buffers of what you expect the data to fit in.

  If you just need to decompress one string (that's a file or
stream), you can prepend a header and then use gzip to decompress
it.