Templates problem

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 10 05:15:53 PDT 2016

On Fri, 2016-09-09 at 14:20 +0000, jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-learn
wrote:
> […]
>
> What I mean is that Chapel doesn't have a lot of libraries (also
> true for D, but things are getting better). If I'm going to do
> some analysis, it usually takes much less time for me to do it in
> R/Python/Matlab because they typically already have the libraries
> that can do everything I need.

This is very true: Python has the masses of things built on Python and
NumPy today that make things easy to work with. My feeling is though
that NumPy is not going to survive the next revolution in workstation
and performance laptop hardware. Unless it absorbs the Chapel (or X10)
PGAS model. The fastest way of doing this is to ditch the NumPy
implementation and exchange it for either Chapel or something Chapel
inspired.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk