Compiling vibe.d application for Amazon ec2 instance

crimaniak via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 11 16:12:15 PDT 2016

Hi all!

I made vibe-d application, and client give me already taken
hosting for it on Amazon aws ec2, uname -a:
Linux ip-xxx-xx-xx-xx 4.4.11-23.53.amzn1.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Jun 1
22:22:50 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Compiled on my Ubuntu binary don't run because of different
versions of libraries (on Amazon they older).

I can try to install dmd to ec2 instance but don't think this is
good idea. I want to compile binary on my developing machine (may
be in specific OS in VirtualBox).
How to resolve this problem by right way?

Can I get VirtualBox image of ec2 version of Linux and use it on
my machine?
Can I compile all libraries used as static and make more
independent binary?
Something else?