Compiling vibe.d application for Amazon ec2 instance

wobbles via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 12 02:18:50 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 11 September 2016 at 23:12:15 UTC, crimaniak wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I made vibe-d application, and client give me already taken
> hosting for it on Amazon aws ec2, uname -a:
> Linux ip-xxx-xx-xx-xx 4.4.11-23.53.amzn1.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Jun
> 1 22:22:50 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> Compiled on my Ubuntu binary don't run because of different
> versions of libraries (on Amazon they older).
>
> I can try to install dmd to ec2 instance but don't think this
> is good idea. I want to compile binary on my developing machine
> (may be in specific OS in VirtualBox).
> How to resolve this problem by right way?
>
> Can I get VirtualBox image of ec2 version of Linux and use it
> on my machine?
> Can I compile all libraries used as static and make more
> independent binary?
> Something else?

I would find out the AMI of the image you're going to be running
on, and spin up a machine from that.
Install all dev tools there, and compile.

Then you'll be good to go.

You could even export the ec2 VM and run it locally in VirtualBox
or something. I've never done it, but it's apparently possible.