Can vibe d leverage existing web technologies?

Intersteller via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 14 11:03:47 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 14 September 2016 at 04:22:02 UTC, Brad Anderson
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 13 September 2016 at 23:45:18 UTC, Intersteller
> wrote:
>> vibe.d does not have much lateral support as the most commons
>> web technologies do.  Can vibe.d leverage pre-existing techs
>> such as php, ruby/rails, etc? Starting from scratch and having
>> to build a robust and secure framework is really not the way
>> to go.
>
> Sure. Just use res.write(executeShell(["php", "-f",
> "somephpscript.php"]).output); or something like that.
>
> But seriously, you probably don't want to do that. It's like
> asking if ruby on rails can leverage php. Sure, they can
> communicate over HTTP or whatever else they support but trying
> to execute PHP from within Rails or vice versa just isn't
> really all that beneficial.

It is if you want to use pre-existing technologies. There are
tons of php frameworks for doing things. Virtually nothing exists
for vibe.d. e.g., any e-commerce stuff for vibe.d? I turned up
one outdated, unfinished, and unmaintained package for d. There
are hundreds, if not thousands for php. So are you suggesting I
do not use vibe.d?

It's not like ruby/rails because ruby/rails also has a larger set
of technologies. You are comparing apples to oranges. vibe.d has
nearly 0 while the others have nearly an infinite. If vibe.d had
nearly an infinite I would be asking this question.

Hopefully your solution works. Thanks.