Can vibe d leverage existing web technologies?

Martin Tschierschke via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 16 05:46:34 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 15 September 2016 at 20:56:19 UTC, Intersteller
wrote:
> On Thursday, 15 September 2016 at 14:31:28 UTC, Martin
> Tschierschke wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 13 September 2016 at 23:45:18 UTC, Intersteller
>> wrote:
>>> vibe.d does not have much lateral support as the most commons
>>> web technologies do.  Can vibe.d leverage pre-existing techs
>>> such as php, ruby/rails, etc? Starting from scratch and
>>> having to build a robust and secure framework is really not
>>> the way to go.
>>
>> A good way to mix different technologies is to use a Apache or
>> nginx proxy on the same server, so you can start using vibe.d
>> for some parts and keep the rest at its place.
>>
>> Regards mt.
>
> How is this done? How can it be done smoothly? I'm not sure how
> to partition the work load. While, say, some pages might be
> served from php, and others from vibe2, etc, it seems like it
> would be nightmare to maintain consistency and interactivity.

First you need to run vibe.d and the .php part on the same data
(mysql for example).
Lets say you have a special feature -  like latest news, than you
build the rendering of this with vibe.d and the rendering of the
single news are still in php.
Than you may move this to vibe.d later and keep only your back
end, for editing
the content in php. So the most read pages are served by vibe
first.

The "only" problem is you have to build your layout twice,
in php and as diet template. :-(

An other option might be, to start with the admin back end, where
layout is not so critical and add additional features like
statistics or a special dashboard?

Regards mt.