Vibe.d help

Gestalt Theory via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 21 18:38:12 PDT 2016

1. I get this error when trying to run a project in VS. dub
doesn't give the error.

First-chance exception: core.exception.AssertError free() called
with null array. at vibe-d-0.7.26\source\vibe\utils\memory.d(110)

It constantly pops up then I get an access violation and crash.

2. Many vibe.d HTTP Server options seem not to be implemented. Is
this still the case? e.g.,
http://vibed.org/api/vibe.http.server/HTTPServerSettings.maxRequestTime

3. How to serve static files properly?

void images(HTTPServerRequest req, HTTPServerResponse res)
{
	writeln("images Request");
	write("Path = "); writeln(req.fullURL);
         // Somehow reship request out

router.get("/images/*", &images);

I would like to be able to serve them but also log or redirect if
possible. The messages are written. I tried to also serve
directly and it didn't work, which is why I used a handler in the
first place.

	router.get("/images/*", serveStaticFiles("images/"));

I imagine the path is not correct. I am on windows and created an
images sub dir in the projects(same depth as views, etc) but the
images were not served. I didn't want to hard code this path,
maybe it should be?

4. How to setup load balancing and virtual hosts? I know one can
use a front end to do this but I saw a vibedist project that
seems to be dead. Obviously one can make multiple HTTPServers,
but this might get a bit messy.

What I want to eventually do is server multiple secure virtual
domains with http's being redirected to https. I'd like to
probably use one vibe.d instance unless there is good reason not
to. The sites, at this point, won't have many req/sec. Maybe
eventually I'll need to separate in to multiple processes.

5. Many other frameworks seem to support "hot swapping" of files
while the sever is running rather than having to recompile.
Recompiling the diet templates/project is slow and requires
restarting the server and all that. Is there any way to get
vibe.d to automatically monitor the projects folder or templates
for changes and then somehow recompile and update/etc?

Thanks.