std.net.curl and libcurl.so

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 24 12:42:11 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 24 September 2016 at 19:27:31 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> Further to earlier remarks: I now think this may be a general
> problem of LDC 1.0.0 and not a problem of the snap package.
>
> I tried building my simple curl-using program using an LDC
> 1.0.0 build and installed from source in the standard cmake &&
> make && make install fashion.  The same segfault occurs.

More on this: ldc 0.17.1 (the version packaged with Ubuntu 16.04)
is based on dmd 2.068.2, which still linked against libcurl.
It's only from v2.069.0+ that libcurl is loaded dynamically:
https://dlang.org/changelog/2.069.0.html#curl-dynamic-loading

ldc 1.0.0 is based on 2.070.2.