Covert a complex C header to D

biocyberman via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 5 05:27:23 PDT 2017

On Monday, 3 April 2017 at 23:10:49 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> On Monday, 3 April 2017 at 11:18:21 UTC, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
>>    prefer template over string mixins where possible. This
>> will make the code much more readable.
>
> My advise would be the opposite.
> templates put much more pressure on the compiler then
> string-mixins do.
> Also the code that templates expand to is hard to get.
> Whereas the code that string mixins expand to can always be
> printed one way or another.

Could you elaborate more about this (i.e. show where mixins is
more readable, debugable and less stressful to the compiler)  ?
This kind of information is good for tuning stage later. My goal
now is to finish the conversion and running of the header and the
test code
(https://github.com/attractivechaos/klib/blob/master/test/khash_test.c).

@Ali:
I noticed the -E option recently but haven't really used it. I
now generated the pre-processed source and try to make use of it.