std.socket classes

Jonathan Marler via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 9 07:56:05 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 9 April 2017 at 14:49:14 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
> Don't think too hard, times have changed since std.socket was
> written.
> It certainly isn't designed for high performance hence e.g.
> libasync.

What an odd response... You don't think I should ask questions
about why decisions were made?  If I took that approach how would
I learn?  And if you discourage other people from asking
questions by telling them they are "thinking too hard" what kind
of effect does that have on the community?

As for "high performance", my questions have less to do with
performance than they do with an API that makes sense and doesn't
feel "kludgy".