Practical difference between template "alias" arguments/normal generic arguments in this case?

Juanjo Alvarez via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 12 11:47:33 PDT 2017

Thanks to both, I got it. Type templates for generic types, and
alias for other things knowing that the instantiation is by
symbol.

Yes, the "alias this" in my message  was a (double) brainfart, I
actually wanted to write "alias template".

In this case both functions had the same assembler body which was
part of what had me confused but I guess that's a compiler
optimization.