Command Line Parsing

Jon Degenhardt via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 15 12:42:10 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 12 April 2017 at 09:51:34 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> Are Argon https://github.com/markuslaker/Argon or darg
> https://github. com/jasonwhite/darg getting traction as the
> default command line handling system for D or are they just
> peripheral and everyone just uses std.getopt
> https://dlang.org/phobos/std_getopt.html ?

I use std.getopt in my tools. Overall it's pretty good, and the
reliability of a package in the standard library has value. That
said, I've bumped up against it's limits, and looking at the
code, it's not clear to how extend it to more advanced use cases.
There may be a case for introducing a next generation package.

--Jon