Can't pass data from filter to each

Stanislav Blinov via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 17 07:18:54 PDT 2017

On Monday, 17 April 2017 at 10:02:22 UTC, Suliman wrote:
> New question. Can I put result of filtering in itself without
> creation of new variables like x:
>
> auto x =
> MySQLTablesRange.array.filter!(a=>a[0].coerce!string.canFind("_"));

No. filter is simply a wrapper around the source range, it does
not modify it.

As for the problems you are having with ranges seeming empty,
they are all due to the fact that the ResultRange in mysql-native
isn't designed to support such chaining of calls. It's probably
best to first exhaust a ResultRange and put it into an array.