Problems with Zlib - data error

Era Scarecrow via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 21 19:33:06 PDT 2017

On Friday, 21 April 2017 at 17:40:03 UTC, Era Scarecrow wrote:
> I think I'll just go with full memory compression and make a
> quick simple filter to manage the large blocks of 0's to
> something more manageable. That will reduce the memory
> allocation issues.

  Done and I'm happy with the results. After getting all my tests
to work, working on the input of 660Mb went to 3.8Mb, and then
compressing it with Zlib went to 2.98Mb.

  Alas the tool will be more useful in limited scope (rom hacking
for example) than anywhere else probably... Although if there's
any request for the source I can spruce it up before submitting
it for public use.