It makes me sick!

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 1 08:25:40 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 1 August 2017 at 15:16:44 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> Sorry, isn't that how things work now?

For modules, yes. For packages, no. That inconsistency is what I
want to change.

So since we have a package here and the compiler doesn't allow
you to define a package in the existing datetime.d, we have to
move the file. And unzipping doesn't pick up that the file was
moved and leaves old stuff behind.

b.d(1): Error: package name 'aa' conflicts with usage as a module
name in file

That error shouldn't exist.

> The problem here is that the compiler picks up the OLD
> datetime.d

If we could just use datetime.d as the package file, there would
be no old datetime.d anymore.