Bug in gtkd?

Johnson Jones via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 1 22:52:03 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 1 August 2017 at 20:18:19 UTC, Mike Wey wrote:
> On 01-08-17 21:44, Johnson Jones wrote:
>>>
>>> GtkD is currently based on GTK 3 the properties it complains
>>> about were removed in GTK 3.0.
>>>
>>> Which version of glade are you using?
>>
>> The latest: Glade 3.8.5
>
> Could you check File -> Properties and see what is set as the
> runtime version? It should be at least 3.0 so it doesn't use
> things that were removed.

There is no File/Properties. If I go to help/about it says 3.8.5.
If I go to edit/preferences it says target gtk+ version and the
highest is 2.24.

This is where I downloaded it from:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/glade/3.8/

It seems I do, in fact have an older version ;/

https://glade.gnome.org/sources.html

I upgraded to 3.14(for some reason I was thinking 8 > 14 ;/). It
does have the properties and did warn me about my glade file
being old(strange though, the ver 14 looks crappier as the fonts
are thinner).

Not a big deal though. Seems ver 3.14 is the newest binaries for
windows for some reason ;/ No one has compiled a windows version
for 3.20 in over a year.

Not sure of the differences between 3.14 and 3.20 but 3.14 does
target gtk+3 while 3.8 targeted gtk+2.

How to build glade 3.20 for windows, or better, request the
originators to build it(since they obviously have done it for the
previous versions)?