gtkD window centering message up and no app on taskbar

Johnson Jones via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 7 10:08:09 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 5 August 2017 at 20:56:10 UTC, Mike Wey wrote:
> On 05-08-17 20:14, Johnson Jones wrote:
>> When trying to center the window. If one uses ALWAYS_CENTERED
>> any resizing of the window is totally busted. CENTER also does
>> not work. move(0,0) seems to not be relative to the main
>> display. I'd basically like to center the window on the main
>> display or at least be able to set coordinates properly.
>> Windows sets (0,0) to be the lower left corner of the main
>> display I believe. What happens is that the gtk window, when
>> using 0,0 actually is like -1000,0 or something in windows
>> coordinates and ends up on my secondary monitor.
>>
>> When the app starts there's no taskbar icon. Luckily I still
>> have the console shown but Eventually I'll need the taskbar.
>> I'm not setting skipTaskBarHint, but I have tried both true
>> and false without any difference.
>>

> Windows will only show the taskbar icon if you are not running
> the application from the console.

This doesn't seem to be true. I switched over, changed everything
to windows, and I still get no taskbar icon. I changed the
settings L:Subsystem to windows and added the appropriate def
file. I think I did this in another app and it worked fine. So
it's probably a gtk glade setting(I was using the older glade
versions that we talked about).

Now I have no console window and no taskbar icon.