gtkD window centering message up and no app on taskbar

Mike Wey via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 7 13:57:08 PDT 2017

On 07-08-17 22:46, Johnson Jones wrote:
> On Saturday, 5 August 2017 at 20:56:10 UTC, Mike Wey wrote:
>>
>> Windows will only show the taskbar icon if you are not running the
>> application from the console.
>
> Now in x64 it is showing, not in x86. So, not sure what's going on but
> at least it is showing. I was in a windows console and added a main.def
> but dmd says that it's not compatible with x64 or something:
>
> main.def(1) : warning LNK4017: EXETYPE statement not supported for the
> target platform; ignored
> main.def(4) : warning LNK4017: SUBSYSTEM statement not supported for the
> target platform; ignored
>
> but adding that file seemed to allow the icon like you said. I'm not
> doing anything different for x86 except switching gtk versions... but
> maybe there is a flag or setting somewhere that is causing the problem.
>
> and, in the x64 version I get both the console and gtk app task bar
> icons... which is what I originally wanted and expected.

This appears to be a GTK issue, a work around might be to get the Window
handle from gtk and use the Windows API to set the taskbar visibility.

Interestingly the icon shows up after restarting explorer.exe.

For 64bit apps dmd uses the microsoft linker, so you probably have to
use different flags to set the subsystem.

--
Mike Wey