DlangUI Error

Jiyan via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 10 16:38:42 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 10 August 2017 at 22:27:44 UTC, HyperParrow wrote:
> On Thursday, 10 August 2017 at 20:48:23 UTC, Jiyan wrote:
>> Hey,
>> i get the following errors when i try to use dlangui, by just
>> importing the package i get a lot of errors which look like:
>> function std.xml.Item.opEquals does not override any function,
>> did you mean to override 'object.Object.opEquals'?
>>
>> What is happening there?
>
> The error message is correct but the error is only recognized
> by the compiler since the latest release. To fix it requires
> intervention of the author: either "override" must be removed
> from the opEquals that's indicated or the opEquals parameters
> must be changed o match exactly the signature used on
> Object.opEquals.
>
> Until this is done in libdlangui you can use an older compiler,
> e.g last 2.074.x release should make the error disappearing
> (since it wasn't detected yet).

Hey thank you for your reply :)

So the strange thing is i had an older compiler (v2.074.1), so
i started running the 2.075 version - with which it worked!
The thing is i can start the 2.075 version only over the
activate.sh
script in a shell. Can you tell me how i can really use the 2.075
version
(without having to run the script each time i open a shell, and
why do
i have to do that).