Does anyone understand how to use "shared" types with concurrency send/receive functions?

Wed Aug 16 05:58:25 PDT 2017

On 8/16/17 6:23 AM, Kagamin wrote:
> On Tuesday, 15 August 2017 at 15:19:02 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> However, I'm not sure about the postblit being called afterward. Does
>> a postblit need to be marked shared in order to work for shared types?
>
> Ideally yes, but it's difficult to come up with a good shared postblit,
> send and receive is probably the only use case for it :)

Use cases don't matter. What matters is: is it proper for Variant to
call the postblit (as it does currently) without regard for the qualifiers?

However, I have found a better way to call postblit that involves the
qualifiers than the way Variant currently does it. I'm going to submit a
PR to fix these issues.

-Steve