Module Info error

Johnson Jones via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 18 19:07:25 PDT 2017

Still getting this!

What I don't understand is why I can import certain libraries and
they compile fine while others don't!

So, moduleInfo is a "function" per module that is created at
compilation, right?

If one doesn't compile the module then the error results, just
like standard extern functions. When I don't include the file in
the project, it doesn't get compiled, even though it gets
"imported"? Why? Why can't D just know, hey, module X imports
module Y, module Y needs to be compiled to add moduleInfo?

For example, I am trying to get ffmpeg to work. I downloaded from

https://github.com/complistic-gaff/ffmpeg-d

extracted, put that path in my includes(sc.ini). created a module
to import the standard modules, tried to compile my project and I
get a bunch of ModuleInfo errors relating to the imports I added.

I use GtkD exactly the same, yet no errors.

Now, the only difference is that I import the gtkD.lib. I'm
assuming that all the moduleInfo's of the 1000+ gtk files are in
that lib and so That is the reason I don't have the compile them
all, is that correct?

If so, how can I generate such a lib of moduleInfo's recursively
for a directory so I can pick up all the files and just import it
once?

ffmpeg doesn't require compiling but I don't wanna have to
include ever file in to my project just to be able to get it to
work because of the moduleInfo's are missing.

Looking at the build.d for gtkD, it looks like it builds a list
of all the files to compile and does it recursively.

I imagine it can be modified for ffmpeg too to create a utility
to solve this problem. Dmd should have a mode to do this
automatically, it's quite an annoying problem ;/